So another year draws to a close and it is time to give thanks to 2016. Once again, life provides a rich abundance of experiences that shapes our lives and provides us with life-time memories. Thank you to all my clients, friends and especially my family for being such an important part in a good year.
When it comes to highlights, its hard to choose. This gallery presents just some of what 2016 meant to me.
- Three books released. The Birkebeinerne Location Guidebook, Into Norway and Visit Somerset.
- Watching the sunset over the Mediterranean from Monaco.
- Achieving a lifelong dream by seeing Zermatt and The Matterhorn. The beauty reduced me to tears.
- Going to Berlin and standing underneath the remains of the Berlin Wall.
- Spending time with wonderful friends at Mesna Activities and Accomodation and experiencing magic.
- Walking Kew Gardens with my amazing wife.
- Experiencing the beauty of a Bluebell Wood.
- Soaking up the English heritage at Somerleyton.
- Staying on the Norfolk Broads.
- Visiting the set of my favourite television series, Dads Army.
- Spending time with friends – Jerry and Galya, Trevor and Jenny.
- Smelling the aroma and seeing the beauty of an English rose garden at Mottisfont Abbey.
- Walking the streets of Shaftesbury.
- Affirming that Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in the world at Rjukan, Hemsedal and Flam.
- Drinking coffee with friends and family at the best cafe in the world at Au Chineur, L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
- Living in Provence for three months.
- Traveling through the canals of Venice on a beautiful winters day.
- Meeting a true English gentleman and purveyor of that most English of customs at Miles Tea.
- Photographing steam trains.
- Realising a dream and buying a Discovery.
- Launching a book at Westminster Palace, a milestone in my life. Celebrating that launch with great friends John and Gemma Turner.
- Spending a wonderful day in Hemsedal and drinking coffee in Rjukan with friends.
- Being together as a family in Perth – the most important event of the year.
There are so many more places I could share, moments with friends that were not recorded.
In memory of all those who we lost this year. Bob Smart – I will be raising a glass for you tonight – I wish it could be a Potholer.